It is common knowledge that vitamins are extremely healthy compounds. Consuming them with food is certainly the right choice for everyone who pays at least a drop of attention to their body condition. Fortunately, vitamins are quite affordable; you can find them not just in fresh fruits, vegetables and other foodstuffs, but also in the form of dietary supplements marketed by numerous brands.
Topical studies show that one of the benefits you can expect from ingesting this kind of compounds is suppressing inflammatory processes occurring in the body. Below, you can find an overview of vitamins known to have pronounced anti-inflammatory action and related dietary sources.
- Vitamin A is famous for its ability to prevent excessive immune system response, which often lead to inflammation. Vitamin A can take two forms: beta-carotene, which acts as a provitamin once in the body, and an antioxidant, which neutralizes free radicals present in the body. Based on these properties, one can conclude that foods rich in Vitamin A are a healthy type of diet. Look for this compound in carrots, spinach, leaf vegetables, dandelions etc.
- Vitamins B are actually a whole group of vitamins. When it comes to inflammation prevention, Vitamin B6 is of special interest. It was proven that people suffering from B6 deficit are more prone to inflammatory processes: for example, patients with rheumatoid arthritis are a major group of risks. To avoid this kind of problems, consider consuming foods rich in B-group vitamins, such as mushrooms, bell peppers, tuna, kale, and poultry. Folic acid, another B vitamin, is known to prevent inflammation too. Liver, asparagus and dark leaf greens are a good source to benefit from.
- Vitamin C is probably the most appreciated representative of this class of compounds. It is often attributed almost magic properties, and for a reason. It possesses strong antioxidant properties effectively fighting against free radicals, which are a major factor when it comes to inflammatory processes. Eating fruits and vegetables on a daily basis is an ultimate way to satisfy your body’s need for this compound and reinforce your immune system. Additionally, this will lower potential risks of getting cardiovascular problems and cancer. Good news for women – vitamin C is used in natural breast enlargement.
- Vitamin D, according to numerous relevant study reports, is directly related with preventing inflammation of different nature in the human body. Unfortunately, there is reliable evidence that approximately 40% of people suffer from Vitamin D deficit, which increases risks significantly. You can be surprised to know that it is actually quite easy to consume this compound. The secret is that it is produced by the skin when the latter is exposed to sun rays. Nevertheless, it is advisable to eat egg yolks, fish and organ meat to make sure you have sufficient supply any time.
- Vitamin E shows strong antioxidant properties too, so this compound is highly beneficial for people suffering from chronic or latent inflammatory processes. Nuts, sunflower seeds, almond, spinach, avocado and many vegetables can help you avoid its deficit.
All these vitamins are also available in supplements. Still, if you opt for this way of supply, avoid uncontrolled consumption.